Friday 24 April 2009

The magical kingdom

I was wandering idly through my inbox the other day when a message caught my eye: 'random question, but would you like to go to Disneyland Florida?' What, as opposed to sitting here in Dulwich, watching smoochy couples wander hand-in-hand through the pink cherry-blossom in the park (so like confetti, sigh!) while Mr X has my children, leaving me with only repeats of ER for company?

Is there a smaller quantity of time than a nanosecond that I could pretend to think for?

The result is that I am off, as of Tuesday, for a five day fact-finding mission to the mother of all theme parks, in the company of a select group of (probably equally surprised) fellow blogstresses, all of us sans children.

We have an extremely packed itinerary and I, for one, have absolutely no intention of installing myself in the newly opened spa and refusing to move. It's true that I am uniquely qualified to test scary rides, being phobic about almost everything, having no head for heights and being blessed with the sort of inner courage that makes Shaggy of Scooby-Doo fame look like St George himself.

Besides, didn't I hear somewhere that Mickey Mouse is single? Sure, yes, Minnie does hang out with him - but has anyone actually seen a marriage certificate? Mmm, of interminate age, wearing horrid spotty shorts, tendency to grin like a loon, owner of a multi-million dollar movie empire ... sounds like just my kind of guy!

12 comments:

English Mum said...

Ooh, a spa sit-in. What a fabulous idea. Oh and keep your eyes off Mickey, girl. I've got first dibs.

Dulwich Divorcee said...

Hang on a second, EM, when I last looked you had an adoring hubbie, whereas I have Mr X, who'd cheerfully see me dismembered by jackals, and TL, who makes Rodin's Thinker look impulsive. Mickey's mine! But these days I suppose i'll settle for Goofy.

Anonymous said...

Jammy thing!

Have a fab time,

GG

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sure you'll do better than Mickey.

Have fun!

Unknown said...

Wish you could take my children. In fact, can you? I could pay you a small fee. They are longing to go and I'm not so keen. I have a new blog and added you to my blog list which was no easy task as I am useless at all the tech bits.

Dulwich Divorcee said...

Thanks, GG and Splodge, I'll do my very best! Kate, I would have loved to take my own and yours but it's not allowed! Mind you, mine were terrified when I did take them about 7 years ago and refused to go on any rides, where do they get it from?? Ooopsie, shouldn't be saying that ...

Jo Beaufoix said...

Gutted. I had to turn it down and I would have met you and 'Are We there Yet Mummy'. Sighhh. (Don't know who else is going yet but I'm sure all will soon be revealed.) I just couldn't leave my two monkeys so soon after mine and Mr B's separation and our subsequent move.

Looking forward to seeing what you all get up to, and I'll try not to whinge too much. Honest. Have a wicked wicked time. :D

And oh my Bob, your word verification is 'bashed'. That's how I feel, hee hee.

Anonymous said...

If anything comes up for Disneyland Paris, let me know! Am a sucker for scary rides. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

A petit p.s: you know what they say about men with big feet! I think Mickey's thumbs are pretty big too. Let me know how you get on! TTx

ADDY said...

I'VE TAGGED YOU!

Potty Mummy said...

What a great trip, I hope you are swigging champers as you stage that sit-in...

Exmoorjane said...

So you want a mickey do you? You saucy baggage - you never let on. What a dark horse!