Sunday 30 November 2008

Playing tag

Huge thanks to the lovely Rosiero for a yummy Kreativ Blogger award (why is it spelt like that, I wonder?). Such a delight to be given a pat on the back by a fellow blogstress, and especially Rosiero, whose blog is such compulsive reading.

Part of the award is to reveal six fascinating facts about myself. And Hadriana's Treasures also tagged me a while ago, so I shall kill two blogtags with one stone.

So hard to pick those little snapshots which will give you a fuller idea of the life of the Dulwich Divorcee. But, as ever, I shall try my hardest:

1. I had a photo taken yesterday for the jacket of my book, to be published this summer. Now this, I had always fondly imagined, would be just total bliss - people preening me until I looked my absolute best, arranging me with my finest angle facing forward, and taking one killer snap. In fact, it took forever, because, without my realising, I have changed. I suppose I still have a mental picture of myself as a 20-something sylph (never mind the fact that when I was actually 20, I was crippled with doubts about my appearance). Alas and alack the day, I have somehow morphed into a 40-something woman, with a number of chins and a wrinkly neck. And, frankly, I am quite chunky. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Never mind, there is a thing called Photoshop and, once I'd slipped the photographer an extra note or two, we managed a half decent result. I think. But maybe I am just deluding myself ....

2. I am now working four days a week at a local paper, which is great fun. Office life is very much the same as I remember it from pre-children days 400 years ago. For the first couple of days, I went around telling everyone what a wonderful atmosphere there was. Then they started to tell me how much they all hated the reporter with the squint. Then one of the lady journos was made redundant. Now I find out that someone else is about as popular as Osama bin Laden, and as easy to find after lunch. They've asked me if I want a job. Yay! Of course I do!

3. True Love started to read this blog. That's why I barely mention him any more. I don't think he's still reading it, but just in case ......

4. I'm starting to write book 2, but finding it very hard going, what with work, the children and Other Things.

5. Mr X and I sometimes surprise ourselves by getting on all right. I think all my divorce-experienced friends are right, and we will end up being on good terms. Well, I hope so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In love and starting on your second book - you are so lucky! I know you don't have it easy but i am envious of you.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Can completely relate to the horror of the mental image not match with reality.

Hope the 'undercover' job works out well for you.

DD's Diary said...

Gosh, Jenny Smith, it all sounds so lovely when you say it like that .....I must attempt some sort of glass half full approach ....x

DD's Diary said...

Splodge, my dear, you are right, of course, there's a certain thrill in turning up for work in a false nose and beard ...not that I need falsies these days, sniff sniff ....